News and Articles
Mozilla’s script blocker add-on could be putting malware sites on the whitelist.
The Internet community officially banishes the notoriously unsafe Secure Sockets Layer protocol.
People applying for IT jobs should brace themselves for the popular interview question about the sticky bit in Unix operating systems. It certainly pays to know.
Although Marble might look like a rather bare-bones map application, it has a few tricks up its sleeve that make it a useful mapping tool.
When the Twitter hashtag #monitoringsucks gained popularity a few years ago, it seemed as though monitoring software had reached its limits and stagnated. Will Sensu launch a new golden age?
Klaus addresses problems with Wheezy updates, Adobe Flash, dial-up settings, and mountpoint dates.
Linux Mint 17.1 (64-bit) and Elementary OS (32-bit)
Updates on technologies, trends, and tools
Linux Dash and Cockpit are small-scale solutions for monitoring a cloud-hosted virtual server from home.
Many enterprises use the free Nagios monitoring solution; some would prefer to change to something else. We talked to people who switched to find out how they fared.
- USENIX ATC '15 8 Jul - 10 Jul
- International Supercomputing Conference 12 Jul - 16 Jul
- AnDevCon 29 Jul - 31 Jul
- GUADEC 2015 5 Aug - 9 Aug
- USENIX Security '15 12 Aug - 14 Aug
- Debconf 15 15 Aug - 22 Aug
- SPTechCon 24 Aug - 27 Aug
- Maker Faire Trondheim 28 Aug - 29 Aug
- Python Unconference 4 Sep - 6 Sep
- InterDrone 9 Sep - 11 Sep