Welcome EditorialMay 22, 2013
What is the Raspberry Pi really? A trinket? An educational tool? A very inexpensive computer? Of course, it is all these things, but what is the meaning of Raspberry Pi? I’m not the first journalist to ask.more »
- US gov embraces open data
- Apache Cdorked.A exploit discovered
- News Bites
New Intel CEO
- FSF scolds W3C
- Torvalds releases Kernel 3.9
- Xen new LF collaboration project
- Debian 7.0“wheezy” debuts
- Windows XP most likely to be victim of attack.
Richard Stallman calls for the W3C to remain independent of vendor interests.more »
Doghouse – Device Drivers Teaching how to write device driversApr 30, 2013
maddog considers the benefits of teaching students how to write device drivers.more »
- RunRev Releases Open Source Version of LiveCode
- HP Launches Moonshot Server
- Offensive Security Releases Kali Linux
- TeamViewer Version 8 for Linux Now Available
- Gnome 3.8 released
- Aereo wins battle to stream broadcast TV
openSUSE 12.3 Out
- New browser engine
- Pirates on the run
- Ubuntu reduces non‑LTS support
- OpenDaylight open source framework
- ASF promotes CloudStack
Lightweight KDE Desktop Project KDE Gets a RefitApr 19, 2013
An openSUSE project called KLyDE plans to streamline the KDE desktop.more »
Doghouse – Migration Migrating from Windows to LinuxMar 15, 2013
maddog looks at the progress Linux has made in the past 12 years and considers what it would take to move Windows XP users to FOSS.more »
The company is collaborating with Google and Intel to use Kubernetes as an engine for Fuel
Customers can take a free test drive of SLES for HPC on the Azure Cloud
San Francisco-based chip company announces their first fully open source chip platform.
The whole distro gets rebuilt on glibc 2.3
Ubuntu Vendor tries to solve app packaging and distribution problem across distributions.
Founder of ownCloud launches the Nextcloud project.
Will The Machine change the way future programmers think about memory?
The new Torus distributed storage system is available under an open source license on GitHub
Juries decides Google’s use of Java APIs Was Fair Use