How hacking got easy
To protect your systems, you must familiarize yourself with the tools that will be used against them. For example, the attack against AWStats is blocked on Fedora Core 9 when SELinux is in enforcing mode (the default). Metasploit isn't the first, nor is it the most powerful, exploit framework available. Tools such as Core Impact and Immunity Canvas, which include up-to-date exploits, are available as well as commercial support. Other sites, such as Packet Storm and Milw0rm, also make large amounts of exploit code available. Part of a strong defense is a good offense.
- "DNS Attacks" by Kurt Seifried, Linux Magazine, October 2008: http://www.linux-magazine.com/issues/2008/95/dns_attacks
- Metasploit: http://www.metasploit.com/
- Immunity Canvas: http://www.immunitysec.com/products-canvas.shtml
- Core Impact: http://www.coresecurity.com/
- Packetstorm: http://packetstormsecurity.org/
- Milw0rm: http://www.milw0rm.com/
Buy this article as PDF
Linux Foundation's big event celebrates the 25th anniversary of Linux
Competitors get in the game with RHEL without Red Hat
Security researchers have already notified Microsoft; some fixes are available
The company is collaborating with Google and Intel to use Kubernetes as an engine for Fuel
Customers can take a free test drive of SLES for HPC on the Azure Cloud
San Francisco-based chip company announces their first fully open source chip platform.
The whole distro gets rebuilt on glibc 2.3
Ubuntu Vendor tries to solve app packaging and distribution problem across distributions.