Configuration and change management with Bcfg2
The lively developer community that surrounds Bcfg2 integrates new designs with the system almost every week. Just recently, a new team that will be focusing on improving the documentation was founded on the mailing list . Documentation is absolutely vital because Bcfg2 requires that you know so many details of the system.
Administrators will also appreciate the tool's support for gradual migration, which removes the need for drastic changes and allows step-by-step specification of the configuration. All told, the use of Bcfg2 to configure and validate clients is a very powerful tool for anyone who is undaunted by its high level of abstraction.
- Argonne National Library, Mathematics and Computer Science Division: http://www-new.mcs.anl.gov/new
- Bcfg2: http://www.bcfg2.org
- Bcfg2 Encap packages: http://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/bcfg2/wiki/EncapPackages
- Bcfg2 packages on the openSUSE Build Service: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/markojung:/bcfg2
- Bcfg2 annotated examples: http://www.bcfg2.org/wiki/AnnotatedExamples
- Bcfg2 probes: http://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/bcfg2/wiki/Probes
- Cheetah template engine: http://www.cheetahtemplate.org
- Bcfg2 mailing list: mailto:<U>email@example.com<U>.gov
Richard Stallman calls for the W3C to remain independent of vendor interests.
The new release supports nine architectures, 73 human languages, and zero non-Free components.
Fedora developers release the first alpha version of Fedora 19, known as Schrödinger’s Cat, for general testing. The final release is expected in July 2013.
ack is a grep-like, command-line tool that has been optimized for programmers to search large trees of source code.
New features in SUSE Studio 1.3 include enhanced cloud integration, VM platform support, and lifecycle management.
The Linux Foundation recently announced that the Xen Project is becoming a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project.
Open source version of LiveCode is now available for developing apps, games, and utilities for all major platforms.
OpenDaylight is an open source software-defined networking project committed to furthering adoption of SDN and accelerating innovation in a vendor-neutral and open environment.
The new Gnome release includes privacy and sharing settings, allowing more user control over access to personal information.
Mozilla is collaborating with Samsung on a new web browser engine called Servo.