Coding for Maemo devices with Qt
Qt provides application developers with all the functionality they need to build applications with state-of-the-art graphical user interfaces, I/O, and networking. In this article, I showed how developers can easily use Qt components to create graphical applications for the Maemo platform. Qt is still a work in progress project because of the natural evolution of smart phones and Internet tablets, but it is getting attention from developers and contributors around the world who are interested in programming for mobile devices.
- Maemo platform: http://www.maemo.org/
- Qt Maemo: http://qt4.garage.maemo.org/
- Getting started with Qt for maemo: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Getting_started_with_Qt_for_Maemo
- Maemo Diablo 4.1 documentation: http://maemo.org/maemo_release_documentation/maemo4.1.x/
- Maemo and Scratchbox: http://repository.maemo.org/stable/4.1.2/INSTALL.txt
- Maemo tutorials: http://maemo.org/development/documentation/tutorials/
- Article code: http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Resources/Article-Code
- Installing and using Qt for Maemo: http://qt4.garage.maemo.org/diablo.html
- Qt reference documentation: http://qt.nokia.com/doc/4.5/index.html
- Nokia launches Linux-based Qt Extended mobile platform: http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2008/09/nokia-launches-linux-based-qt-extended-mobile-platform.ars
A new study says it is possible to unmask 81% of TOR users.
Redmond joins the revolution by turning the .NET Core Runtime into a GitHub project.
Users only had 7 hours to update before the intrusions started.
It's official: The new web arrives
Kernel king admits his tone has alienated volunteers, but says the demands of the process require directness.
New flaw in an old encryption scheme leaves the experts scrambling to disable SSL 3
Lennart Poettering wants to change the way Linux developers talk to each other.
Enterprise giant frees itself from ink and home PCs (and visa versa).
Mozilla’s product think tank sinks silently into history.
TODO group will focus on open source tools in large-scale environments.