Coding for Maemo devices with Qt
Qt provides application developers with all the functionality they need to build applications with state-of-the-art graphical user interfaces, I/O, and networking. In this article, I showed how developers can easily use Qt components to create graphical applications for the Maemo platform. Qt is still a work in progress project because of the natural evolution of smart phones and Internet tablets, but it is getting attention from developers and contributors around the world who are interested in programming for mobile devices.
- Maemo platform: http://www.maemo.org/
- Qt Maemo: http://qt4.garage.maemo.org/
- Getting started with Qt for maemo: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Getting_started_with_Qt_for_Maemo
- Maemo Diablo 4.1 documentation: http://maemo.org/maemo_release_documentation/maemo4.1.x/
- Maemo and Scratchbox: http://repository.maemo.org/stable/4.1.2/INSTALL.txt
- Maemo tutorials: http://maemo.org/development/documentation/tutorials/
- Article code: http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Resources/Article-Code
- Installing and using Qt for Maemo: http://qt4.garage.maemo.org/diablo.html
- Qt reference documentation: http://qt.nokia.com/doc/4.5/index.html
- Nokia launches Linux-based Qt Extended mobile platform: http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2008/09/nokia-launches-linux-based-qt-extended-mobile-platform.ars
Linux users can now download and install the Windows code editor
New initiative will address security and interoperability concerns around container technology.
Developers can use RHEL as a development platform without a subscription fee.
Windows users will soon have native access to the Bash shell.
Improvements to SMTP will provide better guarantee of confidentiality
Graphics vendor embraces new reality in Linux graphics
Pioneer Ray Tomlinson bequeathed the @ sign to billions of Internet users
Redmond says its classic database tool will run without Windows
New intrusion technique affects most non-Bluetooth wireless mice
GENIVI Alliance announces the release of the first beta of the GENIVI Demo Platform ivi9.