- Doing Linux Backups Right: Time Drive 0.3
- OLPC Moves to ARMBased, Paper-Thin Netbook
- R1Soft Releases Linux Hot Copy (HCP) 3.3.1 Beta
- Elastra Expands PHP 5.1.6 Support
- CA Encryption Key Manager Runs on Linux
- Ubuntu Powers Dell’s Tiny Multimedia Powerhouse
- Skype to Open Source Its Linux Client
- Use Open Source Campware for a Free Press
- Turnkey Linux New Appliances and Amazon EC2
- Freescale Android Development Platform
- Red Hat Virtualization for Servers
A new class of problems lets a malicious app pre-configure an invisible privilege update.
New Hack language adds static typing and other conveniences.
New crypto policy system will offer easier configuration and more uniform security.
Ubuntu founder denounces insecurity in proprietary, close-source software blobs.
Vulnerability affects many Linux web servers
The Bavarian capital shuns Microsoft, Google, and other alternatives to implement an open source groupware solution.
Phone vendor partnerships bring Mark Shuttleworth's dream of Ubuntu on a phone a step closer to reality.
Donors will get to vote on new features for the free video editor.
Debian project puts init out to pasture and says no to Ubuntu's Upstart.