Luminance HDR offers top-notch high dynamic range imaging
Luminance HDR is a fantastic piece of software that often achieves really amazing results. However, this requires some experience and experimentation. It takes a lot of experience to see at a glance which of the tone-mapping operators will help you achieve the desired results, but because RAW editing is non-destructive, you can experiment time and time again.
Tone-mapping operators can make it possible to produce a good HDR image with just one raw image (single-shot RAWs). This then lets you create HDR images from photographs of moving objects or for situations in which no tripod is available.
- Luminance HDR: http://qtpfsgui.sourceforge.net/
- Qtpfsgui: http://qtpfsgui.sourceforge.net/?page_id=2
- Krita: http://krita.org/
- Photo stitching: http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Issues/2007/81/Free-Software-Projects
- MantiukHDR: http://mantiukhdr.sourceforge.net/
- Comparison of tone-mapping algorithms: http://www.frank-durr.de/tonemapping_comparison.html
- Evaluation of tone-mapping algorithms: http://dcgi.felk.cvut.cz/home/cadikm/tmo/
- Tone-mapping algorithms: http://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de/resources/tmo/
- pfstools: http://pfstools.sourceforge.net
Buy this article as PDF
Carnegie Mellon researchers say 3 million pages could fall down the phishing hole in the next year.
The US government rolls new best-practice rules for protecting SSH.
Klaus Knopper announces the latest version of his iconic Live Linux system.
All websites that use these popular CMS tools could be vulnerable to denial of service attacks if users don't install the updates.
According to a report, many potential victims of the Heartbleed attack have patched their systems, but few have cleaned up the crime scene to protect themselves from the effects of a previous intrusion.
DARPA and NICTA release the code for the ultra-secure microkernel system used in aerial drones.
Should you trust an online service to store your online passwords?
New B+ board lets you build cool things without the complication of a powered USB hub.
Redmond rushes in to root out alleged malware haven.
New initiative will bring futuristic virtual reality effects to the web surfing experience.