Transform an Android device into a Linux machine
The apps I've described are not your only options for running Linux on an Android device. The Complete Linux Installer  and Linux Installer  apps, for example, let you install a Linux distribution on a rooted Android device. If you own a Google Nexus 7 device, you can replace Android with Ubuntu by following the instructions on the Ubuntu wiki . The described solutions have their advantages and drawbacks, but because they are all available free of charge, you can try them all and pick the one that best fits your needs.
- KBOX: http://kevinboone.net/kbox.html
- Using standard Linux utilities in a stock, non-rooted Android device: http://kevinboone.net/android_nonroot.html
- Linux Deploy: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.meefik.linuxdeploy
- VX ConnectBot: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sk.vx.connectbot
- MultiVNC: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coboltforge.dontmind.multivnc
- Debian Mirrors: http://www.debian.org/mirror/list
- Limbo PC Emulator: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.max2idea.android.limbo.main
- Limbo at Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/limbo-android/wiki/LimboAndroid
- Complete Linux Installer: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid
- Linux Installer STANDARD: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.galoula.LinuxInstall
- Ubuntu on Nexus 7 installation instructions: http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Nexus7/Installation
Buy this article as PDF
3ROS attack tool lowers the technical bar so anyone can be an intruder.
Mozilla's latest browser offers powerful new privacy feature
If attackers are on your system, saving your passwords in a password vault is no protection.
Faulty hash algorithm persists, despite efforts by experts to raise awareness.
Powerful man-in-the-middle attack is now targeting online shopping.
Another high-profile coder says the kernel team needs a kinder, gentler culture.
Bug database has a bug of its own that could allow an intruder to create an unauthorized account.
Report focuses federal resources on achieving universal Internet access.
Leading browser makers say “no” to porous encryption algorithm