Migrating to NoSQL – MongoDB
All NoSQL databases operate on similar principles: Lots of RAM and fast disks usually enhance performance; however, you should pay attention to the differences and tradeoffs, as you would any new technology.
Given MongoDB's popularity and widespread use, a great deal of knowledge has been shared online, in mailing lists, and at conferences. As a result, MongoDB use cases encompass everything from general-purpose to high-performance databases.
- 10gen website: http://www.10gen.com/leading-nosql-database
- Hype cycle: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hype_cycle
- MongoDB is web scale video: http://mongodb-is-web-scale.com/
- MongoDB FUD: http://blog.serverdensity.com/does-everyone-hate-mongodb/
- HTTP REST API: http://docs.mongodb.org/ecosystem/tools/http-interfaces/
- Drivers and client libraries: http://docs.mongodb.org/ecosystem/drivers/
- Data modeling: http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/core/data-modeling/
- BSON spec: http://bsonspec.org
- Replication: http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/replication/
- MongoDB benchmarks: https://blog.serverdensity.com/mongodb-benchmarks/
- MongoDB Manual 2.4.4: http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/core/sharded-cluster-internals/
Buy this article as PDF
Report from the X-Force group says attackers are using TOR to hide their crimes
Future Firefox extensions will be compatible with Chrome.
Better read this if you bought your computer before 2011
Users should upgrade to the new version as soon as possible
Xen project announces a privilege escalation problem for Qemu host systems
Attackers can compromise an Android phone just by sending a text message
PC vendor will pre-install Ubuntu on portables in India.
More embarrassment for Adobe's embattled multimedia tool
Mozilla’s script blocker add-on could be putting malware sites on the whitelist.
The Internet community officially banishes the notoriously unsafe Secure Sockets Layer protocol.