Migrating to NoSQL – MongoDB
All NoSQL databases operate on similar principles: Lots of RAM and fast disks usually enhance performance; however, you should pay attention to the differences and tradeoffs, as you would any new technology.
Given MongoDB's popularity and widespread use, a great deal of knowledge has been shared online, in mailing lists, and at conferences. As a result, MongoDB use cases encompass everything from general-purpose to high-performance databases.
- 10gen website: http://www.10gen.com/leading-nosql-database
- Hype cycle: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hype_cycle
- MongoDB is web scale video: http://mongodb-is-web-scale.com/
- MongoDB FUD: http://blog.serverdensity.com/does-everyone-hate-mongodb/
- HTTP REST API: http://docs.mongodb.org/ecosystem/tools/http-interfaces/
- Drivers and client libraries: http://docs.mongodb.org/ecosystem/drivers/
- Data modeling: http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/core/data-modeling/
- BSON spec: http://bsonspec.org
- Replication: http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/replication/
- MongoDB benchmarks: https://blog.serverdensity.com/mongodb-benchmarks/
- MongoDB Manual 2.4.4: http://docs.mongodb.org/manual/core/sharded-cluster-internals/
Buy this article as PDF
HP's annual Cyber Risk report offers a bleak look at the state of IT.
But what do the big numbers really mean?
.NET Core execution engine is the basis for cross-platform .NET implementations.
The Xnote trojan hides itself on the target system and will launch a variety of attacks on command.
Spammers go low-volume, and 90% of IE browsers are unpatched.
Adobe scrambles to release patches for vulnerable Flash Player.
Four-inch-long computer on a stick lets you boot a full Linux system from any HDMI display device.
New statute would require companies to report break-ins to consumers.
Weird data transfer technique avoids all standard security measures.
FIDO alliance declares the beginning of the end for old-style login authentication.