Distribute and manage files with git-annex
Hess has launched a second crowdfunding campaign , securing the financial backing for another year of development work. As of September 2013, Hess will be (among other things) looking to improve the Windows port that he has already started, implement encryption for remote Git repositories, and implement disaster recovery in the Assistant for at least some scenarios . Additionally, campaign sponsors can submit special requests for desired features.
- Git-annex: http://git-annex.branchable.com
- Installation: http://git-annex.branchable.com/install/
- Direct mode: http://git-annex.branchable.com/direct_mode/
- Walkthrough: http://git-annex.branchable.com/walkthrough/
- Preferred content: http://git-annex.branchable.com/preferred_content/
- Archival walkthrough: http://git-annex.branchable.com/assistant/archival_walkthrough/
- Crowdfunding campaign: https://campaign.joeyh.name
- Assistant roadmap: http://git-annex.branchable.com/design/assistant/
Buy this article as PDF
Should you trust an online service to store your online passwords?
New B+ board lets you build cool things without the complication of a powered USB hub.
Redmond rushes in to root out alleged malware haven.
New initiative will bring futuristic virtual reality effects to the web surfing experience.
Dyreza malware launches a man-in-the-middle attack that compromises SSL.
New cloud combines worldwide access with local attention to data security.
FOSS community acts to protect freedom of choice for laptop devices.
Authorities in 16 countries take action against users of the imfamous BlackShades malware tool.