On the DVD
On the DVD
The new Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon Edition long-term support release offers five years of upgrades, tweaks, improvements, and stability through 2019. Mint 17 has spiffed up its appearance and made changes so apps launch faster and use fewer resources.
Linux Mint 17 "Qiana"
The new Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon Edition long-term support release offers five years of upgrades, tweaks, improvements, and stability through 2019. Mint 17 has spiffed up its appearance and made changes so apps launch faster and use fewer resources. New features include:
- A new, faster, more informative Update Manager. The history now includes information on all system updates, not just those performed through the Update Manager.
- The ability to install drivers without an Internet connection.
- Expanded and refined Screensaver and Power Manager modules.
- A return to the original Date & Time module.
- New applet roles to define systray icon functionality.
- A handy uninstall option from the right-click context menu.
- Cinammon: http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2626
- What's new? http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_qiana_cinnamon_whatsnew.php
- Release notes: http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_qiana_cinnamon.php
- Upgrade instructions: http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/2
Buy this article as PDF
Weird data transfer technique avoids all standard security measures.
FIDO alliance declares the beginning of the end for old-style login authentication.
The Linux New Media Awards have honored the most significant products, projects, people, and organizations for open source/Linux every year since 2000.
Legendary Uber-distro splits over the systemd controversy.
New LTS version offers many refinements for the Cinnamon and Mate desktops and significant improvement under the hood.
One of CeBIT’s most successful forums returns in 2015.
A new study says it is possible to unmask 81% of TOR users.
Redmond joins the revolution by turning the .NET Core Runtime into a GitHub project.
Users only had 7 hours to update before the intrusions started.
It's official: The new web arrives