OSCON: SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards
On Thursday evening, July 24, the SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards were announced at a party thrown at the Jupiter Hotel.
The Community Choice Award winners were:
- Best Project for the Enterprise – OpenOffice.org
- Best Project for Gamers – XBMC
- Best Tool or Utility for Developers – Notepad++
- Best Project for Multimedia – VLC
- Most Likely to be the Next $1B Acquisition – phpMyAdmin
- Most Likely to Change the World – Linux
- Most Likely to be Ambiguously Accused of Patent Violation – Wine
- Most Likely to Get Users Sued – eMule
- Best New Project – Magento
- Best Tool or Utility for SysAdmins – phpMyAdmin
- Best Project for Education – OpenOffice.org
- Most Likely to Shut Down By a Government Agency – Wikileaks
- Best Project – OpenOffice.org
Should you trust an online service to store your online passwords?
New B+ board lets you build cool things without the complication of a powered USB hub.
Redmond rushes in to root out alleged malware haven.
New initiative will bring futuristic virtual reality effects to the web surfing experience.
Dyreza malware launches a man-in-the-middle attack that compromises SSL.
New cloud combines worldwide access with local attention to data security.
FOSS community acts to protect freedom of choice for laptop devices.
Authorities in 16 countries take action against users of the imfamous BlackShades malware tool.