OSCON: SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards
On Thursday evening, July 24, the SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards were announced at a party thrown at the Jupiter Hotel.
The Community Choice Award winners were:
- Best Project for the Enterprise – OpenOffice.org
- Best Project for Gamers – XBMC
- Best Tool or Utility for Developers – Notepad++
- Best Project for Multimedia – VLC
- Most Likely to be the Next $1B Acquisition – phpMyAdmin
- Most Likely to Change the World – Linux
- Most Likely to be Ambiguously Accused of Patent Violation – Wine
- Most Likely to Get Users Sued – eMule
- Best New Project – Magento
- Best Tool or Utility for SysAdmins – phpMyAdmin
- Best Project for Education – OpenOffice.org
- Most Likely to Shut Down By a Government Agency – Wikileaks
- Best Project – OpenOffice.org
Weird data transfer technique avoids all standard security measures.
FIDO alliance declares the beginning of the end for old-style login authentication.
Legendary Uber-distro splits over the systemd controversy.
One of CeBIT’s most successful forums returns in 2015.
A new study says it is possible to unmask 81% of TOR users.
Redmond joins the revolution by turning the .NET Core Runtime into a GitHub project.
Users only had 7 hours to update before the intrusions started.
It's official: The new web arrives