OSCON: SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards
On Thursday evening, July 24, the SourceForge.net Community Choice Awards were announced at a party thrown at the Jupiter Hotel.
The Community Choice Award winners were:
- Best Project for the Enterprise – OpenOffice.org
- Best Project for Gamers – XBMC
- Best Tool or Utility for Developers – Notepad++
- Best Project for Multimedia – VLC
- Most Likely to be the Next $1B Acquisition – phpMyAdmin
- Most Likely to Change the World – Linux
- Most Likely to be Ambiguously Accused of Patent Violation – Wine
- Most Likely to Get Users Sued – eMule
- Best New Project – Magento
- Best Tool or Utility for SysAdmins – phpMyAdmin
- Best Project for Education – OpenOffice.org
- Most Likely to Shut Down By a Government Agency – Wikileaks
- Best Project – OpenOffice.org
Popular open source encryption tool is vulnerable to attack
New “Yakkety Yak” edition emphasizes cloud and servers
Google finally enters the phone hardware business.
Innovative system adds a hard drive and Ubuntu Core to the RPi for an IoT hub.
Linux is two weeks younger than we thought!
The Apache Software Foundation considers retiring OpenOffice
Adobe won’t kill the plugin in 2017
Linux Foundation's big event celebrates the 25th anniversary of Linux
Linux has evolved from “won’t be a professional” project to one of the most professional software projects in the history of computers.