Security testing with hping
Conducting penetration tests and determining the effectiveness of intrusion detection systems involves a great deal of skill and patience. Also, you need the right kind of tools. Hping3 is one of those tools. In this article, I've outlined only a few of the sophisticated commands at your disposal when you add hping to your security-testing toolkit.
- hping Project: http://www.hping.org
- hping in RPM: http://dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/hping
- Packet crafting via hping: http://www.governmentsecurity.org/archive/t835.html
- LAND attack: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LAND
- Christmas tree packet: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_tree_packett835.html
Buy this article as PDF
But you can still be a non-voting “individual supporter” if you pay the money
Several current systems could fall victim to the attack
Latest Linux engine comes with better graphics and support for Intel's new power-saving chips.
Hackers send a message of beauty and liberation to server logs
Citrix gets excited about new Pi-Powered XenDesktop client system
Linux on Azure cert heralds a new era for Redmond.
Proposals for presentations at the CeBIT Open Source Forum will be accepted through 24 January 2016.
Adobe looks for a new start; renames its embattled Flash tool.
The Pi's popular Raspbian OS pursues secrecy without entropy.
VMware bids for a stake in the container industry with a bold effort to integrate containers with its classic virtualization system.