Configuration and change management with Bcfg2
The lively developer community that surrounds Bcfg2 integrates new designs with the system almost every week. Just recently, a new team that will be focusing on improving the documentation was founded on the mailing list . Documentation is absolutely vital because Bcfg2 requires that you know so many details of the system.
Administrators will also appreciate the tool's support for gradual migration, which removes the need for drastic changes and allows step-by-step specification of the configuration. All told, the use of Bcfg2 to configure and validate clients is a very powerful tool for anyone who is undaunted by its high level of abstraction.
- Argonne National Library, Mathematics and Computer Science Division: http://www-new.mcs.anl.gov/new
- Bcfg2: http://www.bcfg2.org
- Bcfg2 Encap packages: http://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/bcfg2/wiki/EncapPackages
- Bcfg2 packages on the openSUSE Build Service: http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/markojung:/bcfg2
- Bcfg2 annotated examples: http://www.bcfg2.org/wiki/AnnotatedExamples
- Bcfg2 probes: http://trac.mcs.anl.gov/projects/bcfg2/wiki/Probes
- Cheetah template engine: http://www.cheetahtemplate.org
- Bcfg2 mailing list: mailto:<U>email@example.com<U>.gov
Buy this article as PDF
Weird data transfer technique avoids all standard security measures.
FIDO alliance declares the beginning of the end for old-style login authentication.
Legendary Uber-distro splits over the systemd controversy.
One of CeBIT’s most successful forums returns in 2015.
A new study says it is possible to unmask 81% of TOR users.
Redmond joins the revolution by turning the .NET Core Runtime into a GitHub project.
Users only had 7 hours to update before the intrusions started.
It's official: The new web arrives