Coding for Maemo devices with Qt
Qt provides application developers with all the functionality they need to build applications with state-of-the-art graphical user interfaces, I/O, and networking. In this article, I showed how developers can easily use Qt components to create graphical applications for the Maemo platform. Qt is still a work in progress project because of the natural evolution of smart phones and Internet tablets, but it is getting attention from developers and contributors around the world who are interested in programming for mobile devices.
- Maemo platform: http://www.maemo.org/
- Qt Maemo: http://qt4.garage.maemo.org/
- Getting started with Qt for maemo: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Getting_started_with_Qt_for_Maemo
- Maemo Diablo 4.1 documentation: http://maemo.org/maemo_release_documentation/maemo4.1.x/
- Maemo and Scratchbox: http://repository.maemo.org/stable/4.1.2/INSTALL.txt
- Maemo tutorials: http://maemo.org/development/documentation/tutorials/
- Article code: http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Resources/Article-Code
- Installing and using Qt for Maemo: http://qt4.garage.maemo.org/diablo.html
- Qt reference documentation: http://qt.nokia.com/doc/4.5/index.html
- Nokia launches Linux-based Qt Extended mobile platform: http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2008/09/nokia-launches-linux-based-qt-extended-mobile-platform.ars
Powerful man-in-the-middle attack is now targeting online shopping.
Another high-profile coder says the kernel team needs a kinder, gentler culture.
Bug database has a bug of its own that could allow an intruder to create an unauthorized account.
Report focuses federal resources on achieving universal Internet access.
Leading browser makers say “no” to porous encryption algorithm
Report from the X-Force group says attackers are using TOR to hide their crimes
Future Firefox extensions will be compatible with Chrome.
Better read this if you bought your computer before 2011
Users should upgrade to the new version as soon as possible
Xen project announces a privilege escalation problem for Qemu host systems