The latest DVD in our sixpack series delivers a smart collection of the leading Ubuntu variants. Boot this disc and sample the new Ubuntu 11.10 release with any of the following distros:
- Ubuntu – The most recent release of the main Ubuntu line
- Kubuntu – Many users prefer this KDE version of Ubuntu.
- Lubuntu – A steady and stable ‘buntu that uses the LXDE desktop and specializes in low-spec hardware.
- Xubuntu – This light and lively variant, which features the Xfce desktop, also shines on legacy systems.
- Mythbuntu – A specialty distro for MythTV media center systems.
- Ubuntu Rescue Remix – Command-line-only distro designed for troubleshooting downed Linux and Windows computers.
November 2011: DVD Inlay Issue #132Sep 23, 2011 Sep 23, 2011
This issue’s DVD comes with the BackTrack 5 R1  pen test distribution. BackTrack provides a great collection of pen testing and security auditing tools. You can boot into BackTrack Live from the DVD or install BackTrack permanently on your hard disk.more »
This month’s Linux Magazine DVD features the brand new Knoppix 6.7 Live distro  . With its clever on-the-fly decompression, Knoppix manages to store 9GB of software on a single-layer DVD.more »
October 2011: DVD Inlay Issue #131Sep 02, 2011
September 2011: DVD Inlay Issue #130Aug 03, 2011 Aug 03, 2011
With this month’s Linux Magazine DVD, you can test Mageia 1, the first release of a Mandriva fork begun in 2010. With a choice of desktops, such as KDE SC 4.6.3, Gnome 2.32, Xfce 4.8.1, and LXDE, you can tailor Mageia’s look and functionality to suit your needs.more »
Upcoming switch to HTML5-only ads is further evidence the Flash is entering its final days.
US government invests $19 billion on enhancing security and replacing ancient computer systems.
But you can still be a non-voting “individual supporter” if you pay the money
Several current systems could fall victim to the attack
Latest Linux engine comes with better graphics and support for Intel's new power-saving chips.
Hackers send a message of beauty and liberation to server logs
Citrix gets excited about new Pi-Powered XenDesktop client system
Linux on Azure cert heralds a new era for Redmond.
Proposals for presentations at the CeBIT Open Source Forum will be accepted through 24 January 2016.
Adobe looks for a new start; renames its embattled Flash tool.