December 2011: DVD Inlay Issue #133Nov 02, 2011
The latest DVD in our sixpack series delivers a smart collection of the leading Ubuntu variants. Boot this disc and sample the new Ubuntu 11.10 release with any of the following distros:
- Ubuntu – The most recent release of the main Ubuntu line
- Kubuntu – Many users prefer this KDE version of Ubuntu.
- Lubuntu – A steady and stable ‘buntu that uses the LXDE desktop and specializes in low-spec hardware.
- Xubuntu – This light and lively variant, which features the Xfce desktop, also shines on legacy systems.
- Mythbuntu – A specialty distro for MythTV media center systems.
- Ubuntu Rescue Remix – Command-line-only distro designed for troubleshooting downed Linux and Windows computers.
November 2011: DVD Inlay Issue #132Sep 23, 2011 Sep 23, 2011
This issue’s DVD comes with the BackTrack 5 R1  pen test distribution. BackTrack provides a great collection of pen testing and security auditing tools. You can boot into BackTrack Live from the DVD or install BackTrack permanently on your hard disk.more »
This month’s Linux Magazine DVD features the brand new Knoppix 6.7 Live distro  . With its clever on-the-fly decompression, Knoppix manages to store 9GB of software on a single-layer DVD.more »
October 2011: DVD Inlay Issue #131Sep 02, 2011
September 2011: DVD Inlay Issue #130Aug 03, 2011
Makes it easier for customers to move workloads into container-centric applications.
SUSE’s answer to container-centric operating systems.
Linux 4.9 is the biggest release in terms of number of commits.
The latest version of the official RHEL clone is here.
New release targets Linux professionals.
The Fedora project adds Wayland and Gnome 3.22
CeBIT 2017: Open Source Forum Call for Papers
Long-time Linux antagonist joins the revolution.
Major bug affects Debian/Ubuntu distributions.
Canonical releases the minimal edition for embedded devices, Internet of Things, and cloud deployments.