The latest DVD in our sixpack series delivers a smart collection of the leading Ubuntu variants. Boot this disc and sample the new Ubuntu 11.10 release with any of the following distros:
- Ubuntu – The most recent release of the main Ubuntu line
- Kubuntu – Many users prefer this KDE version of Ubuntu.
- Lubuntu – A steady and stable ‘buntu that uses the LXDE desktop and specializes in low-spec hardware.
- Xubuntu – This light and lively variant, which features the Xfce desktop, also shines on legacy systems.
- Mythbuntu – A specialty distro for MythTV media center systems.
- Ubuntu Rescue Remix – Command-line-only distro designed for troubleshooting downed Linux and Windows computers.
November 2011: DVD Inlay Issue #132Sep 23, 2011 Sep 23, 2011
This issue’s DVD comes with the BackTrack 5 R1  pen test distribution. BackTrack provides a great collection of pen testing and security auditing tools. You can boot into BackTrack Live from the DVD or install BackTrack permanently on your hard disk.more »
This month’s Linux Magazine DVD features the brand new Knoppix 6.7 Live distro  . With its clever on-the-fly decompression, Knoppix manages to store 9GB of software on a single-layer DVD.more »
October 2011: DVD Inlay Issue #131Sep 02, 2011
September 2011: DVD Inlay Issue #130Aug 03, 2011 Aug 03, 2011
With this month’s Linux Magazine DVD, you can test Mageia 1, the first release of a Mandriva fork begun in 2010. With a choice of desktops, such as KDE SC 4.6.3, Gnome 2.32, Xfce 4.8.1, and LXDE, you can tailor Mageia’s look and functionality to suit your needs.more »
Mozilla’s script blocker add-on could be putting malware sites on the whitelist.
The Internet community officially banishes the notoriously unsafe Secure Sockets Layer protocol.
Popular desktop environment continues the Gnome 2 legacy – with new support for the Gnome 3 toolkit.
New program will dial up security for the Firefox browser.
Red Hat's community distro embraces the cloud.
New partnership will bring more and better CS training to US schools
Criminals offer online help over Tor network
Sophisticated malware is still present on Joomla and WordPress sites around the world.