Top Five 2011 Linux.com Gurus Announced
The Linux Foundation, today announced the Top Five 2011 Linux.com Linux Gurus, including the Ultimate Linux Guru.
Congratulations to the following Linux.com members for being named the Top Five 2011 Linux.com Gurus.
- Ultimate Linux Guru Matthew Fillpot (mfillpot) is a development and training specialist at an international travel company. He has been a Linux user since 2000, was ranked among the Top Five Linux.com Guru’s in 2010, and has been a Linux.com moderator since early 2009. As the Ultimate Linux Guru, Matthew will receive a fully loaded “Dream Linux Machine.”
- Linux Guru Aaron Aceves (adnhack) is a software engineer at Softek and says he was “born to be a geek” and that he “likes Linux, tech, coding and Mustangs.”
- Linux Guru Andrea Benini (ben) has been a systems administrator for nearly 20 years and today holds that title, along with product manager, at Pluriservice. This is the second year Andrea has ranked among the Top Five Linux.com contributors.
- Linux Guru Shane Hatcher (ShaneH57) is a student who is planning a career as a Linux Systems Administrator after graduation. Shane is also a volunteer at his local fire department and rescue squad.
- Linux Guru Istimsak Abdulbasir (saqman2060) is a self-proclaimed tech enthusiastic that loves to learn new skills and enjoys simplifying complex technical materials. Istimsak is also a Linux.com moderator.
According to the Linux Foundation, the Linux.com Gurus are awarded their status based on total points accumulated by contributing to a variety of activities on the site from February 16 through February 15 of each year. In addition to being listed as one of the top five gurus winners also receive invitations to attend this year’s Linux Foundation Collaboration Summit as well as digital Guru badges.
Both projects help organizations build their own containerized systems.
Mark Shuttleworth has resumed the position of CEO of Canonical.
Microsoft's open source code hosting platform CodePlex will come to an end after a more than 10-year stint.
Comes with Gnome 3.24
The bug was introduced back in 2009 and has been lurking around all this time.
The new release deprecates the sshd_config UsePrivilegeSeparation option.
Lives on as a community project
Five new systems join Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition that come with Ubuntu pre-installed.
The Skype Linux client now has almost the same capabilities that it enjoys on other platforms.
At CeBIT 2017, OpenStack Day will offer a wide range of lectures and discussions.