Linux Magazine and Linux Pro Magazine are celebrating their 10-year anniversary with the November 2010 issue, which includes a free archive DVD!
To celebrate this 10th anniversary with all our readers, we will have a prize drawing on January 11, 2011: 10 lucky subscribers will win a free 1-year subscription, and one lucky subscriber will win a free 10-year subscription!
Click here to order the November 2010 10th anniversary edition or a subscription to Linux Magazine and Linux Pro Magazine
Subscribers are automatically entered in our January 11, 2011 prize drawing!
(The lucky subsribers are selected and were informed via mail!)
In the anniversary issue #120 of Linux Magazine and Linux Pro Magazine, we give you all the tricks, all the hacks, all the apps, and every article published in our 10-year history!
Read the past 10 years of Linux history as you browse through The Complete Linux Magazine and Linux Pro Magazine Archive DVD included in this anniversary issue.
Inside our 120th issue of Linux Magazine and Linux Pro Magazine you'll:
- meet Linus Torvalds' parents: his mother takes us on a tour of Helsinki, and his father talks about his son's early influences;
- check out the MeeGo mobile operating system as it prepares for take off;
- find out what Mark Shuttleworth says about the new gesture suite for touch devices;
- learn about multi-core processing from the command line;
- get your Linux questions answered by Knoppix creator Klaus Knopper;
- and look back on our first issue and our 10-year history with Rikki Kite.
We'll also show you how to:
- roll your own OpenOffice extensions,
- access your iTunes library online,
- optimize and troubleshoot TCP connections,
- speed up the shell with GNU parallel,
- and much more!
Don't miss out on this special 10-year anniversary issue #120!
Or look for Issue #120 on newsstands worldwide:
- UK: October 2nd
- North America: October 29th
- Australia: November 29th
The bug was introduced back in 2009 and has been lurking around all this time.
The new release deprecates the sshd_config UsePrivilegeSeparation option.
Lives on as a community project
Five new systems join Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition that come with Ubuntu pre-installed.
The Skype Linux client now has almost the same capabilities that it enjoys on other platforms.
At CeBIT 2017, OpenStack Day will offer a wide range of lectures and discussions.
A major setback for the Linux desktop.
Improved support for GPU in virtualization.
News site for the openSUSE community falls victim to a Wordpress exploit.
The source code is available online.