- US gov embraces open data
- Apache Cdorked.A exploit discovered
- News Bites
New Intel CEO
- FSF scolds W3C
- Torvalds releases Kernel 3.9
- Xen new LF collaboration project
- Debian 7.0“wheezy” debuts
- Windows XP most likely to be victim of attack.
Wanted: A Free Accounting Application for Non-Profits Non-Profit Accounting SoftwareMay 20, 2013
The Software Freedom Conservancy is raising funds to fill a major gap in free software functionality.more »
- RunRev Releases Open Source Version of LiveCode
- HP Launches Moonshot Server
- Offensive Security Releases Kali Linux
- TeamViewer Version 8 for Linux Now Available
- Gnome 3.8 released
- Aereo wins battle to stream broadcast TV
openSUSE 12.3 Out
- New browser engine
- Pirates on the run
- Ubuntu reduces non‑LTS support
- OpenDaylight open source framework
- ASF promotes CloudStack
Ask Klaus! Klaus Knopper answers your Linux questionsApr 30, 2013
Klaus Knopper is the creator of Knoppix and co-founder of LinuxTag expo. He works as a teacher, programmer, and consultant. If you have a configuration problem, or if you just want to learn more about how Linux works, send your questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org »
Lightweight KDE Desktop Project KDE Gets a RefitApr 19, 2013
An openSUSE project called KLyDE plans to streamline the KDE desktop.more »
The Linux Foundation recently announced that the Xen Project is becoming a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project.more »
OpenDaylight is an open source software-defined networking project committed to furthering adoption of SDN and accelerating innovation in a vendor-neutral and open environment.more »
Bug database has a bug of its own that could allow an intruder to create an unauthorized account.
Report focuses federal resources on achieving universal Internet access.
Leading browser makers say “no” to porous encryption algorithm
Report from the X-Force group says attackers are using TOR to hide their crimes
Future Firefox extensions will be compatible with Chrome.
Better read this if you bought your computer before 2011
Users should upgrade to the new version as soon as possible
Xen project announces a privilege escalation problem for Qemu host systems
Attackers can compromise an Android phone just by sending a text message
PC vendor will pre-install Ubuntu on portables in India.