Zope X3.0 Developing Web Applications with Zope X3May 01, 2005
Zope, a web application server written in Python, is an extremely popular open source content management system platform. The newly developed version X3.0 was released just recently. We’ll show you what’s new in Zope X3.0.more »
MLDonkey File sharing with MLDonkey and KMLDonkeyApr 01, 2005
The multi-network MLDonkey client gives users access to all the major file sharing networks. We’ll show you how to set up MLDonkey and how you can control the MLDonkey client with a KDE front end called KMLDonkey.more »
KWiFiManager Wireless Networking with KWiFiManagerMar 01, 2005
Connecting to wireless networks is
more popular than ever. KDE’s KWiFi-
Manager is a handy tool for monitoring
and managing wireless connections.more »
Hypermail Archiving Email Messages with HypermailMar 01, 2005
Hypermail converts email messages to HTML and allows you to group your messages in tidy archives.more »
Secure Email Intro Mail Tools for a Hostile PlanetMar 01, 2005
Don’t look now, but your mailbox is full of junk, and a snooper is live on a distant server, reading your opinions of your boss. Remember when email used to be easy? To restore some sanity to your correspondence, you’ll need the right tools.more »
Perl: Collecting News Headlines A Perl script for Automatically Collecting News HeadlinesFeb 01, 2005
Instead of visiting news sites periodically to pick up the latest reports, most people prefer to let a news aggregator do the job.The aggregator automatically draws your attention to incoming news. If a website does not have an RSS feed,a new Perl module simplifies the task of programming an RSS feed for private use.more »
Rails Framework Web applications with Ruby and RailsJan 01, 2005
Most web libraries make 90 percent of the job simple and the rest impossible. Rails,an open source framework programmed in Ruby,is flexible enough to succeed with that remaining 10 percent.more »
New tool will look like GParted but support a wider range of storage technologies.
New public key pinning feature will help prevent man-in-the-middle attacks.
Carnegie Mellon researchers say 3 million pages could fall down the phishing hole in the next year.
The US government rolls new best-practice rules for protecting SSH.
Klaus Knopper announces the latest version of his iconic Live Linux system.
All websites that use these popular CMS tools could be vulnerable to denial of service attacks if users don't install the updates.
According to a report, many potential victims of the Heartbleed attack have patched their systems, but few have cleaned up the crime scene to protect themselves from the effects of a previous intrusion.
DARPA and NICTA release the code for the ultra-secure microkernel system used in aerial drones.
Should you trust an online service to store your online passwords?
New B+ board lets you build cool things without the complication of a powered USB hub.