Coding for Maemo devices with Qt
Qt provides application developers with all the functionality they need to build applications with state-of-the-art graphical user interfaces, I/O, and networking. In this article, I showed how developers can easily use Qt components to create graphical applications for the Maemo platform. Qt is still a work in progress project because of the natural evolution of smart phones and Internet tablets, but it is getting attention from developers and contributors around the world who are interested in programming for mobile devices.
- Maemo platform: http://www.maemo.org/
- Qt Maemo: http://qt4.garage.maemo.org/
- Getting started with Qt for maemo: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Getting_started_with_Qt_for_Maemo
- Maemo Diablo 4.1 documentation: http://maemo.org/maemo_release_documentation/maemo4.1.x/
- Maemo and Scratchbox: http://repository.maemo.org/stable/4.1.2/INSTALL.txt
- Maemo tutorials: http://maemo.org/development/documentation/tutorials/
- Article code: http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/Resources/Article-Code
- Installing and using Qt for Maemo: http://qt4.garage.maemo.org/diablo.html
- Qt reference documentation: http://qt.nokia.com/doc/4.5/index.html
- Nokia launches Linux-based Qt Extended mobile platform: http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/2008/09/nokia-launches-linux-based-qt-extended-mobile-platform.ars
Both projects help organizations build their own containerized systems.
Mark Shuttleworth has resumed the position of CEO of Canonical.
Microsoft's open source code hosting platform CodePlex will come to an end after a more than 10-year stint.
Comes with Gnome 3.24
The bug was introduced back in 2009 and has been lurking around all this time.
The new release deprecates the sshd_config UsePrivilegeSeparation option.
Lives on as a community project
Five new systems join Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition that come with Ubuntu pre-installed.
The Skype Linux client now has almost the same capabilities that it enjoys on other platforms.
At CeBIT 2017, OpenStack Day will offer a wide range of lectures and discussions.