Nifty Firefox extensions
Because you spend most of your time in Firefox, it only makes sense to use it for keeping tabs on your to-dos and reminders, which is exactly what the ReminderFox extension  allows you to do. Although it's not a full-fledged calendaring tool, it provides all the features you need to manage your tasks with minimum effort. Besides reminders and to-dos, you can use ReminderFox to create so-called quick alarms, which you can use to help you remember small things (Figure 6).
In addition to the default sections Reminders and To-dos, you can create custom task lists and group your tasks by type. For example, to keep tabs on your article deadlines, create a separate list. When creating a custom list, you can specify a link to an iCalendar file, and the calendar will appear as a separate list. The features don't stop here, though, because you can sync your ReminderFox data with either an FTP or WebDAV server. To enable this feature, specify the synchronization options in the Options dialog window under the Network tab.
In this article, I've covered just a fraction of the simple yet useful Firefox extensions. If you are willing to spend some time digging through the official Firefox Add-on repository , chances are you will find dozens of other one-trick ponies that can make your daily computing more efficient and even pleasant.
- FoxClocks: http://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1117
- dragdropupload: http://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2190
- Morning Coffee: http://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2677
- TimeTracker: http://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1887
- Lazarus form recovery: http://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6984
- Word Count Plus: http://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4718
- Mouseless Browsing: http://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/879
- Screengrab!: http://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1146
- QuickNote: http://quicknote.mozdev.org
- ReminderFox: http://reminderfox.mozdev.org
- Firefox Add-ons repository: http://addons.mozilla.org
Buy this article as PDF
New partnership will bring more and better CS training to US schools
Criminals offer online help over Tor network
Sophisticated malware is still present on Joomla and WordPress sites around the world.
New release marks the arrival of AMD’s unified driver strategy.
A new study by IDC charts big changes in the big hardware market.
Azure CTO says Redmond has already considered the unthinkable.
Lead developer quells rumors that the Debian version is slated for center stage.
MSBuild is now just another GitHub project as Redmond continues its path to the light.
Malware could pass data and commands between disconnected computers without leaving a trace on the network.