Transform an Android device into a Linux machine
The apps I've described are not your only options for running Linux on an Android device. The Complete Linux Installer  and Linux Installer  apps, for example, let you install a Linux distribution on a rooted Android device. If you own a Google Nexus 7 device, you can replace Android with Ubuntu by following the instructions on the Ubuntu wiki . The described solutions have their advantages and drawbacks, but because they are all available free of charge, you can try them all and pick the one that best fits your needs.
- KBOX: http://kevinboone.net/kbox.html
- Using standard Linux utilities in a stock, non-rooted Android device: http://kevinboone.net/android_nonroot.html
- Linux Deploy: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.meefik.linuxdeploy
- VX ConnectBot: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sk.vx.connectbot
- MultiVNC: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.coboltforge.dontmind.multivnc
- Debian Mirrors: http://www.debian.org/mirror/list
- Limbo PC Emulator: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.max2idea.android.limbo.main
- Limbo at Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/limbo-android/wiki/LimboAndroid
- Complete Linux Installer: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zpwebsites.linuxonandroid
- Linux Installer STANDARD: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.galoula.LinuxInstall
- Ubuntu on Nexus 7 installation instructions: http://wiki.ubuntu.com/Nexus7/Installation
Buy this article as PDF
A major setback for the Linux desktop.
Improved support for GPU in virtualization.
News site for the openSUSE community falls victim to a Wordpress exploit.
The source code is available online.
One out of three virtual machines on Microsoft Azure Cloud run Linux.
The form factor of the board makes it a drop-in replacement for Raspberry Pi.
Makes it easier for customers to move workloads into container-centric applications.
SUSE’s answer to container-centric operating systems.
Linux 4.9 is the biggest release in terms of number of commits.
The latest version of the official RHEL clone is here.