Reminder: Free Access to FOSDEM
ROSE Blog: Rikki's Open Source Exchange
Don't forget that Linux Pro Magazine is broadcasting the main conference track of FOSDEM '08 live on the Internet. Streaming starts Saturday, February 23, 10:00 AM (CET).
Tune in for the Live Stream to watch the following:
- Tux with Shades, Linux in Hollywood – Gabrielle Pantera
- How a large scale open source project works – Robert Watson
- Status update of Software Patents – Pieter Hintjens
- The Endgame – FOSDEM Staff
- Perl 6 – Patrick Michaud
- Unicoding With PHP 6 – Andrei Zmievski
- JRuby – Charles Oliver Nutter
- Hudson – Kohsuke Kawaguchi
- SCons – Steven Knight
- CMake – Bill Hoffman
- Conary Packaging: Simply Powerful – Michael K. Johnson
- PackageKit – Richard Hughes
- Application virtualization with next-generation Klik – Kurt Pfeifle
For the program and more information about the live stream, see:
Spammers go low-volume, and 90% of IE browsers are unpatched.
Adobe scrambles to release patches for vulnerable Flash Player.
Four-inch-long computer on a stick lets you boot a full Linux system from any HDMI display device.
New statute would require companies to report break-ins to consumers.
Weird data transfer technique avoids all standard security measures.
FIDO alliance declares the beginning of the end for old-style login authentication.
The Linux New Media Awards have honored the most significant products, projects, people, and organizations for open source/Linux every year since 2000.
Legendary Uber-distro splits over the systemd controversy.
New LTS version offers many refinements for the Cinnamon and Mate desktops and significant improvement under the hood.
One of CeBIT’s most successful forums returns in 2015.