WITI Hall of Fame 2008 Inductees Announced
ROSE Blog: Rikki's Open Source Exchange
WITI announced this year's inductees for its Hall of Fame:
- Deborah Estrin, Director, Center for Embedded Networked Sensing, Professor, UCLA
- Susan P. Fisher-Hoch, M.D., Professor of Epidemiology, The University of Texas School of Public Health
- Mary Lou Jepsen (formerly co-founder and CTO of One Laptop Per Child), CEO, Pixel Qi
- Gordana Vunjak-Novakovic, Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Columbia University
- Jian (Jane) Xu, Ph.D., Distinguished Engineer, CTO, China Systems and Technology Labs, IBM
Should you trust an online service to store your online passwords?
New B+ board lets you build cool things without the complication of a powered USB hub.
Redmond rushes in to root out alleged malware haven.
New initiative will bring futuristic virtual reality effects to the web surfing experience.
Dyreza malware launches a man-in-the-middle attack that compromises SSL.
New cloud combines worldwide access with local attention to data security.
A first cousin of the recent Heartbleed attack affects EAP-based wireless and peer-to-peer authentication.
FOSS community acts to protect freedom of choice for laptop devices.
Quintessential open source browser shores up its market share with a step toward the proprietary dark side.
Authorities in 16 countries take action against users of the imfamous BlackShades malware tool.