WITI Hall of Fame 2008 Inductees Announced
ROSE Blog: Rikki's Open Source Exchange
WITI announced this year's inductees for its Hall of Fame:
- Deborah Estrin, Director, Center for Embedded Networked Sensing, Professor, UCLA
- Susan P. Fisher-Hoch, M.D., Professor of Epidemiology, The University of Texas School of Public Health
- Mary Lou Jepsen (formerly co-founder and CTO of One Laptop Per Child), CEO, Pixel Qi
- Gordana Vunjak-Novakovic, Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Columbia University
- Jian (Jane) Xu, Ph.D., Distinguished Engineer, CTO, China Systems and Technology Labs, IBM
Carnegie Mellon researchers say 3 million pages could fall down the phishing hole in the next year.
The US government rolls new best-practice rules for protecting SSH.
Klaus Knopper announces the latest version of his iconic Live Linux system.
All websites that use these popular CMS tools could be vulnerable to denial of service attacks if users don't install the updates.
According to a report, many potential victims of the Heartbleed attack have patched their systems, but few have cleaned up the crime scene to protect themselves from the effects of a previous intrusion.
DARPA and NICTA release the code for the ultra-secure microkernel system used in aerial drones.
Should you trust an online service to store your online passwords?
New B+ board lets you build cool things without the complication of a powered USB hub.
Redmond rushes in to root out alleged malware haven.
New initiative will bring futuristic virtual reality effects to the web surfing experience.