An up-to-date look at free software and its makers
Because of its slightly old-fashioned LessTif (a Motif clone ) interface, Praat is unlikely to win any design awards, but at least it is user friendly. The developers have not restricted their work to the Linux version; the software has been ported to FreeBSD, Mac OS X, Windows, SGI, Solaris, and HPUX. If you are interested in porting Praat to a system that is not currently supported, you just need the compiler and the LessTif library for the graphical interface.
- Roy T. Fielding's blog: http://roy.gbiv.com
- Apache http Server Project: http://httpd.apache.org
- OpenSolaris: http://www.opensolaris.org
- Gnome Outreach Program: http://www.gnome.org/projects/outreach/a11y
- Praat: http://www.praat.org
- LessTif: http://www.lesstif.org
- Motif: http://www.opengroup.org/motif/
Buy this article as PDF
The bug was introduced back in 2009 and has been lurking around all this time.
The new release deprecates the sshd_config UsePrivilegeSeparation option.
Lives on as a community project
Five new systems join Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition that come with Ubuntu pre-installed.
The Skype Linux client now has almost the same capabilities that it enjoys on other platforms.
At CeBIT 2017, OpenStack Day will offer a wide range of lectures and discussions.
A major setback for the Linux desktop.
Improved support for GPU in virtualization.
News site for the openSUSE community falls victim to a Wordpress exploit.
The source code is available online.