Programming with Boo
Saving Keystrokes and Sanity
The Boo project page offers recipes for database access, graphics solutions, and more. Boo developers socialize in a special-interest Google group, in an IRC channel dedicated to the language, and in a mailing list and wiki. Currently, the team is focused on improving Boo support in MonoDevelop.
If you are on Windows, Linux, or any platform with Mono and you are tired of typing braces and casting values, check out Boo. It has the best of at least three worlds.
- IronPython: http://www.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?ProjectName=IronPython
- IronRuby: http://www.ironruby.net/
- The Boo Project page: http://boo.codehaus.org/
- The Mono Project page: http://mono-project.com/
- The MonoDevelop IDE: http://monodevelop.com/
- Boo Primer: http://boo.codehaus.org/Boo+Primer
- A comprehensive list of source packages for Mono: http://ftp.novell.com/pub/mono/sources-stable
- Troubleshooting guides for missing libraries: http://mono-project.com/DllNotFoundException and http://mono-project.com/Config_DllMap
- Listings for this article: http://www.linux-magazine.com/resources/article_code
Buy this article as PDF
Weird data transfer technique avoids all standard security measures.
FIDO alliance declares the beginning of the end for old-style login authentication.
The Linux New Media Awards have honored the most significant products, projects, people, and organizations for open source/Linux every year since 2000.
Legendary Uber-distro splits over the systemd controversy.
New LTS version offers many refinements for the Cinnamon and Mate desktops and significant improvement under the hood.
One of CeBIT’s most successful forums returns in 2015.
A new study says it is possible to unmask 81% of TOR users.
Redmond joins the revolution by turning the .NET Core Runtime into a GitHub project.
Users only had 7 hours to update before the intrusions started.
It's official: The new web arrives