Distribute and manage files with git-annex
Hess has launched a second crowdfunding campaign , securing the financial backing for another year of development work. As of September 2013, Hess will be (among other things) looking to improve the Windows port that he has already started, implement encryption for remote Git repositories, and implement disaster recovery in the Assistant for at least some scenarios . Additionally, campaign sponsors can submit special requests for desired features.
- Git-annex: http://git-annex.branchable.com
- Installation: http://git-annex.branchable.com/install/
- Direct mode: http://git-annex.branchable.com/direct_mode/
- Walkthrough: http://git-annex.branchable.com/walkthrough/
- Preferred content: http://git-annex.branchable.com/preferred_content/
- Archival walkthrough: http://git-annex.branchable.com/assistant/archival_walkthrough/
- Crowdfunding campaign: https://campaign.joeyh.name
- Assistant roadmap: http://git-annex.branchable.com/design/assistant/
Buy this article as PDF
New partnership will bring more and better CS training to US schools
Criminals offer online help over Tor network
Sophisticated malware is still present on Joomla and WordPress sites around the world.
New release marks the arrival of AMD’s unified driver strategy.
A new study by IDC charts big changes in the big hardware market.
Azure CTO says Redmond has already considered the unthinkable.
Lead developer quells rumors that the Debian version is slated for center stage.
MSBuild is now just another GitHub project as Redmond continues its path to the light.
Malware could pass data and commands between disconnected computers without leaving a trace on the network.