Distribute and manage files with git-annex
Hess has launched a second crowdfunding campaign , securing the financial backing for another year of development work. As of September 2013, Hess will be (among other things) looking to improve the Windows port that he has already started, implement encryption for remote Git repositories, and implement disaster recovery in the Assistant for at least some scenarios . Additionally, campaign sponsors can submit special requests for desired features.
- Git-annex: http://git-annex.branchable.com
- Installation: http://git-annex.branchable.com/install/
- Direct mode: http://git-annex.branchable.com/direct_mode/
- Walkthrough: http://git-annex.branchable.com/walkthrough/
- Preferred content: http://git-annex.branchable.com/preferred_content/
- Archival walkthrough: http://git-annex.branchable.com/assistant/archival_walkthrough/
- Crowdfunding campaign: https://campaign.joeyh.name
- Assistant roadmap: http://git-annex.branchable.com/design/assistant/
Buy this article as PDF
Founder of ownCloud launches the Nextcloud project.
Will The Machine change the way future programmers think about memory?
The new Torus distributed storage system is available under an open source license on GitHub
Juries decides Google’s use of Java APIs Was Fair Use
But if you are not using the latest Linux kernel, your system is insecure.
Home routers will give room for custom firmware but still comply with FCC rules
Frank Karlitschek will continue to lead the open source ownCloud project
“Xenial Xerus” comes with a new packages format and several improvements for the enterprise.
Linux users can now download and install the Windows code editor
New initiative will address security and interoperability concerns around container technology.