Distribute and manage files with git-annex
Hess has launched a second crowdfunding campaign , securing the financial backing for another year of development work. As of September 2013, Hess will be (among other things) looking to improve the Windows port that he has already started, implement encryption for remote Git repositories, and implement disaster recovery in the Assistant for at least some scenarios . Additionally, campaign sponsors can submit special requests for desired features.
- Git-annex: http://git-annex.branchable.com
- Installation: http://git-annex.branchable.com/install/
- Direct mode: http://git-annex.branchable.com/direct_mode/
- Walkthrough: http://git-annex.branchable.com/walkthrough/
- Preferred content: http://git-annex.branchable.com/preferred_content/
- Archival walkthrough: http://git-annex.branchable.com/assistant/archival_walkthrough/
- Crowdfunding campaign: https://campaign.joeyh.name
- Assistant roadmap: http://git-annex.branchable.com/design/assistant/
Buy this article as PDF
Makes it easier for customers to move workloads into container-centric applications.
SUSE’s answer to container-centric operating systems.
Linux 4.9 is the biggest release in terms of number of commits.
The latest version of the official RHEL clone is here.
New release targets Linux professionals.
The Fedora project adds Wayland and Gnome 3.22
CeBIT 2017: Open Source Forum Call for Papers
Long-time Linux antagonist joins the revolution.
Major bug affects Debian/Ubuntu distributions.
Canonical releases the minimal edition for embedded devices, Internet of Things, and cloud deployments.