On the DVD
On the DVD
This months double-sided DVD features deepin 2014, an elegant and intuitive system built on Ubuntu 14.04, and Ubuntu 14.04.01.
Two Terrific Distros
Deepin is a fairly new entry in the Linux desktop panoply. Rising out of the East, Deepin is an elegant and intuitive system built on Ubuntu 14.04. The Chinese developers put a lot of effort into ease-of-use problems and came up with a desktop that blends the best of Gnome 3, OS X, and Windows 8. The 64-bit version on this DVD boots up in Live mode, so try it out, and read the article on Deepin in this magazine.
Sharing this month's DVD is a 64-bit version of Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty Tahr," a long-term support (LTS) release. Ubuntu is optimized for multitouch devices, features smarter searching, and presents the Unity desktop on startup in Live mode. Secure, stable, and intuitive, Ubuntu 14.04 is a worthy replacement for end-of-life Windows operating systems.
Defective discs will be replaced. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deepin Linux: http://www.linuxdeepin.com/index.en.html
- Deepin download: http://www.linuxdeepin.com/download.en.html
- Deepin forum: http://www.linuxdeepin.com/forum
- Ubuntu desktop: https://insights.ubuntu.com/2014/04/16/ubuntu-14-04-desktop-trusted-os-for-consumers-and-business/
- Ubuntu security: https://insights.ubuntu.com/2014/01/10/ubuntu-scores-highest-in-uk-gov-security-assessment/
- Ubuntu download: http://www.ubuntu.com/download
Buy this article as PDF
MSBuild is now just another GitHub project as Redmond continues its path to the light.
New rules emphasize collegiality in coding.
Upstart lands in the dust bin as a new era begins for Linux.
HP's annual Cyber Risk report offers a bleak look at the state of IT.
But what do the big numbers really mean?
.NET Core execution engine is the basis for cross-platform .NET implementations.
The Xnote trojan hides itself on the target system and will launch a variety of attacks on command.
Spammers go low-volume, and 90% of IE browsers are unpatched.
Adobe scrambles to release patches for vulnerable Flash Player.