On the DVD
On the DVD
This months double-sided DVD features deepin 2014, an elegant and intuitive system built on Ubuntu 14.04, and Ubuntu 14.04.01.
Two Terrific Distros
Deepin is a fairly new entry in the Linux desktop panoply. Rising out of the East, Deepin is an elegant and intuitive system built on Ubuntu 14.04. The Chinese developers put a lot of effort into ease-of-use problems and came up with a desktop that blends the best of Gnome 3, OS X, and Windows 8. The 64-bit version on this DVD boots up in Live mode, so try it out, and read the article on Deepin in this magazine.
Sharing this month's DVD is a 64-bit version of Ubuntu 14.04 "Trusty Tahr," a long-term support (LTS) release. Ubuntu is optimized for multitouch devices, features smarter searching, and presents the Unity desktop on startup in Live mode. Secure, stable, and intuitive, Ubuntu 14.04 is a worthy replacement for end-of-life Windows operating systems.
Defective discs will be replaced. Please send an email to email@example.com.
- Deepin Linux: http://www.linuxdeepin.com/index.en.html
- Deepin download: http://www.linuxdeepin.com/download.en.html
- Deepin forum: http://www.linuxdeepin.com/forum
- Ubuntu desktop: https://insights.ubuntu.com/2014/04/16/ubuntu-14-04-desktop-trusted-os-for-consumers-and-business/
- Ubuntu security: https://insights.ubuntu.com/2014/01/10/ubuntu-scores-highest-in-uk-gov-security-assessment/
- Ubuntu download: http://www.ubuntu.com/download
Buy this article as PDF
A major setback for the Linux desktop.
Improved support for GPU in virtualization.
News site for the openSUSE community falls victim to a Wordpress exploit.
The source code is available online.
One out of three virtual machines on Microsoft Azure Cloud run Linux.
The form factor of the board makes it a drop-in replacement for Raspberry Pi.
Makes it easier for customers to move workloads into container-centric applications.
SUSE’s answer to container-centric operating systems.
Linux 4.9 is the biggest release in terms of number of commits.
The latest version of the official RHEL clone is here.