Don't Miss LIVE Streaming from LinuxCon
Linus Torvalds, Jim Zemlin, Mark Shuttleworth, Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier, Greg Kroah-Hartman, Chris Wright, Jonathan Corbet, and more via LIVE STREAMBy
If you can't make it to LinuxCon this year, you can participate remotely through our live video stream, which includes all presentation slides. Keynotes are FREE and three days of conference sessions are only $99!
We've partnered with The Linux Foundation to stream the LinuxCon keynotes for free! Find out more at: http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/linuxcon
Monday, Sept. 21:
- FREE: 9:00 AM - Welcome Keynote: Jim Zemlin, Executive Director, The Linux Foundation
- FREE: 9:15 AM - Keynote - Regarding Clouds, Mainframes, and Desktops ... and Linux: Bob Sutor, VP of Open Source & Linux, IBM
- 10:30 AM - Keeping Open Source Open: Keith Bergelt, CEO, Open Invention Network and Jim Zemlin, Executive Director, The Linux Foundation
- 11:30 AM - Cloud Applications - A Natural for Open So: Bernard Golden, CEO, HyperStratus
- FREE: 1:30 PM - Keynote - How to Shine in a Crowded Field: Imad Sousou, Director of Intel's Open Source Technology Center (OTC), Intel Corporation
- FREE: 2:00 PM - Roundtable - The Linux Kernel: Straight From the Source: Linus Torvalds, Greg Kroah-Hartman, Chris Wright, Jonathan Corbet, J.E.J. Bottomley, Arjan van de Ven
- 3:30 PM - Virtually Impossible? Successfully Managing the Virtual Data Center: Javier Soltero, Co-founder and CEO, Hyperic
- 4:30 PM - Disk wiping: A Story with a Cast of Thousands: Gary Smith
Tuesday, Sept. 22:
- FREE: 9:00 AM - Keynote - A Musical Guide to the Future of Linux: Joe Brockmeier, Community Manager, openSUSE
- 10:15 AM - The Multi-Source Development Model: The Future of Linux: L. Philip Odence
- 11:15 AM - How to Contribute to the Linux Kernel, and why it Makes Economic Sense: J.E.J. Bottomley
- FREE: 1:30 PM - Beyond the Hype: The True Cost of Linux and Open Source: Matt Asay, Alfresco and Noah Broadwater, VP Information Services, Sesame Workshop
- 2:45 PM - Managing Compliance and Governance of Open Source in the Corporation: John Ellis, Rockett Esteben, Motorola
- 3:45 PM - Transforming Your Company with Open Source: Kartik Subbarao
- FREE: 4:45 PM - Keynote - Building a More Agile Web Experience While Driving Down Costs: Noah Broadwater, VP Information Services, Sesame Workshop
Wednesday, Sept. 23:
- 9:00 AM - The Truth About Linux in an Economic Downturn: Ross Chevalier, Novell Canada
- FREE: 10:00 AM - Keynote - The Freedom to Collaborate: Bdale Garbee, Open Source & Linux Chief Technologist, HP
- 11:00 AM - Kernel Regressions and Increasing OS Noise: Christoph Lameter, Kernel Developer & Linux Foundation TAB Member
- 2:00 PM - KSM: A mechanism for improving virtualization density with KVM: Chris Wright, Principal Software Engineer, Red Hat, Inc.
- FREE: 4:00 PM - Keynote - Let's Get Together: Coordinated Software Releases, The Linux Ecosystem and the Impact on the Global Marketplace: Mark Shuttleworth, CEO, Canonical Ltd.
Find out more about these sessions at: http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/linuxcon
Linux Foundation's big event celebrates the 25th anniversary of Linux
Competitors get in the game with RHEL without Red Hat
Security researchers have already notified Microsoft; some fixes are available
The company is collaborating with Google and Intel to use Kubernetes as an engine for Fuel
Customers can take a free test drive of SLES for HPC on the Azure Cloud
San Francisco-based chip company announces their first fully open source chip platform.
The whole distro gets rebuilt on glibc 2.3
Ubuntu Vendor tries to solve app packaging and distribution problem across distributions.