Online Videos: USENIX '08 Annual Technical Conference
Free video archives of Usenix '08 are now online at: http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/usenix08.
Archived sessions from the live streaming include companion conference slides. No registration required!
Usenix '08 video archives are now online at: http://www.linuxpromagazine.com/usenix08.
Videos are played directly in your browser by a Java applet, and the presentation slides are shown in sync with the video. To fast forward or reverse the video, simply use the time slider at the bottom edge of the window – the slides will stay in sync. If the video freezes when the Java applet loads, just press F5 to refresh your browser window.
Archived talks include:
- Free and Open Source as Viewed by a Processor Developer Speaker: Peter Kronowitt, Intel
- From Flapping Birds to Space Telescopes: The Modern Science of Origami Speaker: Robert J. Lang, Artist and Consultant
- Millicomputing: The Future in Your Pocket and Your Datacenter Speaker: Adrian Cockcroft, Netflix, Inc., and Homebrew Mobile Club
- Programming DNA: A 2-bit Language for Engineering Biology Speaker: Drew Endy, Cabot Assistant Professor of Biological Engineering at MIT and a co-founder of the BioBricks Foundation (BBF)
- The Parallel Revolution Has Started: Are You Part of the Solution or Part of the Problem? Speaker: David Patterson, Director, U.C. Berkeley Parallel Computing Laboratory
- Xen and the Art of Virtualization Revisited Speakers: Ian Pratt, Senior Lecturer, University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory, and Fellow, King's College Cambridge
- A Report on the Project Darkstar Anthropological Expedition Into the World of Massively Scaled Online Games Speaker: Jim Waldo, Sun Microsystems Labs
- Internet Surveillance: Building Our Own Trojan Horse Speaker: Susan Landau, Sun Microsystems
- Using Hadoop for Webscale Computing Speaker: Ajay Anand, Yahoo!
- Google Hacking: Making Competitive Intelligence Work for You Speaker: Tom Bowers, Kaspersky Lab
- Current and Next-Generation Digital Forensics Speaker: Golden G. Richard, University of New Orleans
Don't miss USENIX Security '08 Live Streaming.
If you can't make it to USENIX Security July 28-August 1 in San Jose, California, you can still register for the live streaming and follow the tutorials and technical sessions from your own PC. More information is available at: http://www.linux-magazine.com/usenix_sec08
Both projects help organizations build their own containerized systems.
Mark Shuttleworth has resumed the position of CEO of Canonical.
Comes with Gnome 3.24
The bug was introduced back in 2009 and has been lurking around all this time.
The new release deprecates the sshd_config UsePrivilegeSeparation option.
Lives on as a community project
Five new systems join Dell XPS 13 Developer Edition that come with Ubuntu pre-installed.
The Skype Linux client now has almost the same capabilities that it enjoys on other platforms.
At CeBIT 2017, OpenStack Day will offer a wide range of lectures and discussions.