Replicant: The Struggle for Free Mobile The Struggle for Free MobileAug 26, 2013
Most people are under the impression that Android is free software, so why the need for Replicant, a project that describes itself as a “fully free Android distribution”?more »
All-free Android fork longs to support more devices.more »
- RHEV 3.2 released
- FreeBSD 8.4 Released
- Cisco Introduces New Backbone Routers
- AMD Chips, Strategies, and Roadmap
- Java Enterprise Edition 7 Released
- Crafter Studio 2.2
GNOME Women in Open Source Project The GNOME Outreach Program for WomenJun 28, 2013
The GNOME Outreach Program for Women has seen success that other programs set up to encourage women in FOSS have not. We look at some of the reasons why.more »
Linux Game Engines Free and Commercial Game EnginesJun 18, 2013
The appearance of new game engines with Linux support gives rise to hope that more games will start to appear in Linux versions. The free game engines are also getting better.more »
Specialty distro keeps the focus on advanced learning.more »
- SkySQL Merges with Makers of MariaDB
- AMD Announces New Custom Chip Operation
- New Supermicro Storage Solution
- SUSE Studio 1.3
- Nginx 1.4 Released
- US gov embraces open data
- Apache Cdorked.A exploit discovered
- News Bites
New Intel CEO
- FSF scolds W3C
- Torvalds releases Kernel 3.9
- Xen new LF collaboration project
- Debian 7.0“wheezy” debuts
- Windows XP most likely to be victim of attack.
Mozilla’s script blocker add-on could be putting malware sites on the whitelist.
The Internet community officially banishes the notoriously unsafe Secure Sockets Layer protocol.
Popular desktop environment continues the Gnome 2 legacy – with new support for the Gnome 3 toolkit.
New program will dial up security for the Firefox browser.
Red Hat's community distro embraces the cloud.
New partnership will bring more and better CS training to US schools
Criminals offer online help over Tor network
Sophisticated malware is still present on Joomla and WordPress sites around the world.