Free Access to FOSDEM
Don't forget that we will be broadcasting the main conference track of FOSDEM '08 live on the Internet. Streaming starts Saturday, February 23, 10:00 AM (CET).
Tune in for the Live Stream to watch the following:
- Tux with Shades, Linux in Hollywood – Gabrielle Pantera
- How a large scale open source project works – Robert Watson
- Status update of Software Patents – Pieter Hintjens
- The Endgame – FOSDEM Staff
- Perl 6 – Patrick Michaud
- Unicoding With PHP 6 – Andrei Zmievski
- JRuby – Charles Oliver Nutter
- Hudson – Kohsuke Kawaguchi
- SCons – Steven Knight
- CMake – Bill Hoffman
- Conary Packaging: Simply Powerful – Michael K. Johnson
- PackageKit – Richard Hughes
- Application virtualization with next-generation Klik – Kurt Pfeifle
For the program and more information about the live stream, see:
MSBuild is now just another GitHub project as Redmond continues its path to the light.
Malware could pass data and commands between disconnected computers without leaving a trace on the network.
New rules emphasize collegiality in coding.
Upstart lands in the dust bin as a new era begins for Linux.
HP's annual Cyber Risk report offers a bleak look at the state of IT.
But what do the big numbers really mean?
.NET Core execution engine is the basis for cross-platform .NET implementations.
The Xnote trojan hides itself on the target system and will launch a variety of attacks on command.
Spammers go low-volume, and 90% of IE browsers are unpatched.
Adobe scrambles to release patches for vulnerable Flash Player.