Monitoring your system with Conky
Ever since the program was released I have been running Conky on my own desktop, and I have not experienced any problems in all these years – with the exception of a couple of kernel configuration changes that entailed device name changes in /sys and necessitated some manual changes to the configuration file in rare cases. This probably makes Conky one of the best maintained, and definitely one of the most useful, programs in the world of open source.
- Conky: http://conky.sourceforge.net
- Conky source code packages: http://sourceforge.net/projects/conky/
- List of popular program options: http://conky.sourceforge.net/config_settings.html
- List of popular display options: http://conky.sourceforge.net/variables.html
- Screenshots with configurations: http://conky.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html
- Detailed, commented configuration: http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Conky
- Qiv homepage: http://www.klografx.net/qiv/
- Devil's Pie: http://burtonini.com/blog/computers/devilspie
Buy this article as PDF
Azure CTO says Redmond has already considered the unthinkable.
Lead developer quells rumors that the Debian version is slated for center stage.
MSBuild is now just another GitHub project as Redmond continues its path to the light.
Malware could pass data and commands between disconnected computers without leaving a trace on the network.
New rules emphasize collegiality in coding.
Upstart lands in the dust bin as a new era begins for Linux.
HP's annual Cyber Risk report offers a bleak look at the state of IT.
But what do the big numbers really mean?
.NET Core execution engine is the basis for cross-platform .NET implementations.
The Xnote trojan hides itself on the target system and will launch a variety of attacks on command.