Monitoring your system with Conky
Ever since the program was released I have been running Conky on my own desktop, and I have not experienced any problems in all these years – with the exception of a couple of kernel configuration changes that entailed device name changes in /sys and necessitated some manual changes to the configuration file in rare cases. This probably makes Conky one of the best maintained, and definitely one of the most useful, programs in the world of open source.
- Conky: http://conky.sourceforge.net
- Conky source code packages: http://sourceforge.net/projects/conky/
- List of popular program options: http://conky.sourceforge.net/config_settings.html
- List of popular display options: http://conky.sourceforge.net/variables.html
- Screenshots with configurations: http://conky.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html
- Detailed, commented configuration: http://wiki.ubuntuusers.de/Conky
- Qiv homepage: http://www.klografx.net/qiv/
- Devil's Pie: http://burtonini.com/blog/computers/devilspie
Buy this article as PDF
Weird data transfer technique avoids all standard security measures.
FIDO alliance declares the beginning of the end for old-style login authentication.
The Linux New Media Awards have honored the most significant products, projects, people, and organizations for open source/Linux every year since 2000.
Legendary Uber-distro splits over the systemd controversy.
New LTS version offers many refinements for the Cinnamon and Mate desktops and significant improvement under the hood.
One of CeBIT’s most successful forums returns in 2015.
A new study says it is possible to unmask 81% of TOR users.
Redmond joins the revolution by turning the .NET Core Runtime into a GitHub project.
Users only had 7 hours to update before the intrusions started.
It's official: The new web arrives